Mr. Nik Amarteifio is the chairman and majority shareholder of Equatorial Cross Acquisition Limited (ECA), an investment holding firm with majority shareholding in Dannex Limited and Omni Media, Owners of Citi FM .
He is is a product of Mawuli Secondary School (1964) in the Volta Region of Ghana, and Achimota School (1966) in the Greater Accra Region.
Nik is currently the Executive Chairman of Dannex Ayrton Starwin Plc. In this role, he focuses on the strategic direction and effective operation of the Board and its Committees in conformity with the highest standards of Corporate Governance. His goal is to see the Company become internationally recognized in the delivery of healthcare needs.
Nik is also the Vice Chairman of Ghana Agro Foods Company (GAFCO), a leading company in agro foods and veterinary drugs in Ghana.
Nik is a seasoned entrepreneur with experience in many domestic and international transactions within different industries such as mining, real estate, telecommunication, and oil & gas. Through his investment vehicle ECA, he has invested and held Executive Board positions in many companies including International Gold Resources from 1992 to 1996, Magnesium Alloy Company Limited from 1998 to 1999, and the African Selection Mining Company from 1998 to 2011.
Nik has served as a Member on the Ghana Investors Advisory Council, an Advisory Board formed to advise former President John Agyekum Kufour of the Republic of Ghana on foreign direct investment strategies from 2001 to 2008. He has also served as the Lead Director on the Board of Bank of Ghana from 2001 to 2008, and as a Non- Executive Board Member of GCB Bank from 2017 to 2021.
Nik holds a Degree in Economics from the Wesleyan University, Connecticut USA; and an MBA in Finance and Marketing from the Harvard Business School.
Net Worth Summary
CHAIRMAN, EQUATORIAL CROSS ACQUISITION
Wealth: SELF MADE, INVESTMENTS
Education: WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY, BACHELOR’S DEGREE, ECONOMICS, HARVARD UNIVERSITY, MASTER’S DEGREE, BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, FINANCE & MARKETING
Known For: DANNEX, CITI FM, CITI TV, STARWIN
Nik Amarteifio is the Founder and Chairman of Omini Media (Citi FM) , one of Ghana’s leading media broadcasters in Ghana.
Nik Amarteifio is a co-founder and promoter of a host of business ventures spanning a cross-section of sectors in Ghana and across Africa.
Nik is a seasoned entrepreneur who has been involved in many domestic and international transactions within different industries like mining, real estate, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, and agribusiness, oil and gas. Through his investment vehicle, ECA, he has invested in many companies including International Gold Resources, Magnesium Alloy Company Limited and African Selection Company.
In 2000, ECA Investment Holdings, took over the ailing Dannex Limited by buying 80% of the shareholding, with the remaining 20% held by the Government of Ghana. The strategic takeover was followed by a restructuring of the company’s operations in 2005. With annual revenue of US$4 million (2011), Dannex employs 170 people.
Dannex became DannexStarwin when the former acquired majority shares in Starwin Products, another pharmaceuticals giant in Ghana at a cost of GHC 5,566,802.16 million. Dannex owns 68.64% stake in Starwin Products.
Nik Amarteifio net worth is estimated at about $250 million.